Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Jesus Endorses Keyes

As a recovering Illinois Republican, I thought I had seen it all. After George Ryan's license for bribes scandal, Jim Ryan's pathetic "campaign" for governor, and the near Democratic sweep of statewide offices in 2002, I was used to being humiliated.

When Alan Keyes was selected as the U.S. Senate nominee for Illinois, I confess to being a little excited. He wouldn't win, but he would energize the base and perhaps elect a few Republican legislators downstate. I also expected some great debates between these two bright, articulate candidates. For the record, I think residency requirements and residency expectations are a ridiculous peculiarity. I for one would rather have the 535 best people in America in Congress, rather than the best 535 that geographical districts can cough up (yes, I realize that we seldom get the actual best in Congress, and if we do, it's likely by accident).

Now Keyes claims the best endorsement of all. No, it's not Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps, but close! Keyes claims that Jesus would not vote for Obama. Read the story here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/08/politics/main641858.shtml




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home